What will we accept?
We are looking for photographs that contain any of the following as the subject:
Please do not disturb nests or birds for the purpose of taking photos!
- Bird's nest - with eggs or with a parent bird on it; photos of just nests will not be accepted (same rules as our group)
- Baby birds
- Young birds who recently flegded
- Fledglings being fed by parents
Any photo of a bird looking like it is in distress will be declined (after discussion).Deadline: June 30, 2013
(roughly 2 months for entries)
- Bird Photography only!
- You must be a member of Bird-Photography - admins, moderators and contributors can also enter
- You may only submit one deviation. Note that a limit is set on the folder, so please be absolutely sure that you are submitting the correct deviation. If you made a mistake or cannot submit, simply note the club.
- No photo collages - please enter a deviation that contains one single photo.
- You have until June 30th at 11:59:59 PM EST to enter
- You must submit your own deviation
- The deviation must be in your own gallery
- It must be your own work / no stolen work
- Your entry does not have to be a new deviation
- You may not submit a deviation that already won or placed (1st-3rd) in a contest from this group, but you may submit a deviation that has been entered in a previous contest.
- Your entry can already reside in our gallery (see below for insutrctions on how to remove and resubmit)
- Deviations that do not fit the contest theme will be declined, so submit carefully!!
Contest submissions will be entered through the Nesting, Babies and Fledglings Contest
gallery folder. Submit as you would any normal deviation. Make sure you submit to the correct folder
otherwise it will be entered into our gallery as a normal deviation and not entered into the contest. If you make a mistake, please note the club or leave a message on this journal so that the deviation is not submitted twice in the month. You can also withdraw the deviation from the correspondence link in your message center. It is your responsibility to make sure your entry goes to the proper place after it is accepted.My deviation is already in the gallery, what can I do?
First, you must remove the deviation from the group by following this FAQ FAQ #407: How do I remove my deviations from a group?
Please visit your deviations page and in the sidebar to the right there is a list of all groups that deviation appears in. If you hover over the group avatars an edit pencil icon will appear. Please click this edit pencil icon for the group you wish to remove your deviation from and select the option to remove it from that group.
Once it is removed, you can resubmit it to the contest folder. We will not remove the deviation for you, you must do it yourself!My submission was declined because it did not qualify, how can I enter another?We will decline submissions that do not qualify!
If your submission was declined before you could withdraw it you can do one of the following to enter another photo:
- Recommended: Leave a reply on your existing correspondence item with a link to the new entry (do NOT reply to the deviant that said your deviation did not qualify) or
- Note the club with your correct entry or
- Reply to this journal with your entry
Before doing any of the above, if your deviation is in the group already, please remove it!! Otherwise we cannot enter it.
Voting will start after the deadline in July. It will be based on a point system with three votes by each member. Specific voting rules will be in the voting journal.
First Place Winner
- All entrants must vote or you will be disqualified
- Voting will be held by club members only.
- You cannot vote for yourself
- If you are caught soliciting votes, your entry will be disqualified
- You can vote even if you did not enter
3 month subscription or
636 points equivalent from Bird-Photography
A front page feature of bird photography from your gallery from Bird-Photography
(will be displayed until the next contest winners)Second Place Winner
1 month subscription or
396 points equivalent from Bird-PhotographyThird Place Winner
50 points from Bird-PhotographyFirst, Second, Third Place
All winning deviations will be featured in our Monthly News Article
Journal features from: Bird-Photography Birds-Club AnimalsofTheWorld ArtisticAnimals CockatooCrazy CRPhotography featuring-nature HawkCenter ParrotsAndBirdsUnion Puffin-Passion Spirit-of-the-Raven Zoo-photographers Cmac13 mydigitalmindWant to donate a prize?
Please note Bird-Photography
Prizes include subscriptions, points, features, llamas, art, prints, etc.