What will we accept?
You can submit any bird photograph as long as it was taken in 2012. We would really prefer that the image has the exif info on the right sidebar so that we can confirm that you took it this year, otherwise we are relying on your sportsmanship.Deadline: January 10, 2013
(4 weeks for entries) - this should be enough since new photos taken after January will not be accepted.
- Bird Photography only!
- No photo manipulations!
- You must be a member of #Bird-Photography - admins, moderators and contributors can also enter
- You may only submit one deviation. Note that a limit is set on the folder, so please be absolutely sure that you are submitting the correct deviation. If you made a mistake or cannot submit, simply note the club or leave a reply in this journal.
- You have until January 10th at 11:59:59 PM EST to enter
- You must submit your own deviation
- The deviation must be in your own gallery
- It must be your own work / no stolen work
- Your entry must have been taken in 2012
- You may not submit a deviation that already won or placed (1st-3rd) in a contest from this group, but you may submit a deviation that has been entered in a previous contest.
- Your entry can already reside in our gallery, however, if it is in our gallery already follow the directions below.
- Deviations that do not fit the contest theme will be declined, so submit carefully!!
Entries will not be eligible for our December/January monthly featured journals.
Contest submissions will be entered through the The Best of 2012 Contest
gallery folder. Submit as you would any normal deviation. Make sure you submit to the correct folder
otherwise it will be entered into our gallery as a normal deviation and not entered into the contest. If you make a mistake, please note the club or leave a message on this journal so that the deviation is not submitted twice in the month. You can also withdraw the deviation from the correspondence link in your message center.
This change is a result of our most recent poll [link]My deviation is already in the gallery, what can I do?
First, you must remove the deviation from the group by following this FAQ FAQ #407: How do I remove my deviations from a group?
Please visit your deviations page and in the sidebar to the right there is a list of all groups that deviation appears in. If you hover over the group avatars an edit pencil icon will appear. Please click this edit pencil icon for the group you wish to remove your deviation from and select the option to remove it from that group.
Once it is removed, you can resubmit it to the contest folder.My submission was declined because it did not qualify, how can I enter another?We will declined submissions that were not taken in 2012!
If your submission was declined before you could withdraw it you can do one of the following to enter another photo:
- Recommended: Leave a reply on your existing correspondence item with a link to the new entry (do NOT reply to the deviant that said your deviation did not qualify) or
- Note the club with your correct entry or
- Reply to this journal with your entry
Before doing any of the above, if your deviation is in the group already, please remove it!! Otherwise we cannot enter it.
Voting will start after the deadline. It will be based on a point system with three votes by each member. Specific voting rules will be in the voting journal.
First Place Winner
- All entrants must vote or you will be disqualified
- Voting will be held by club members only.
- You cannot vote for yourself
- If you are caught soliciting votes, your entry will be disqualified
- You can vote even if you did not enter
840 points from #Bird-Photography
's donation pool
A front page feature of bird photography from your gallery from #Bird-Photography
(will be displayed until the next contest winners)Second Place Winner
420 points from #Bird-Photography
's donation poolThird Place Winner
210 points from #Bird-Photography
's donation poolFirst, Second, Third Place
All winning deviations will be featured in our Monthly News Article
Journal features from our affiliates and friends #Bird-Photography
(includes twitter & facebook mention)Want to donate a prize?
Please note #Bird-Photography
Prizes include subscriptions, points, features, llamas, art, prints, etc.Contest: Best of 2012 Gallery Folder